CV Peter Littmann
In his long career Peter Littmann has held a wide variety of leadership positions across key parts of every business: general management, marketing, sales and finances. He has extensive experience in luxury goods, fashion, home ware and furniture, automotive suppliers and chemical industry, working in the German speaking markets as well as internationally.
Peter Littmann, born in Prague, studied mechanical engineering in Bratislava and left the former ČSSR in 1968. In Germany he began as assistant producer at the Cologne TV station WDR, then studied philosophy and business and finished his education 1976 with a PhD in business „Magna cum laude“.
He worked for Girmes-Werke AG, Rosenthal AG and Vorwerk & Co. There he started as director of marketing and ended being CEO. From 1992 till 1997 Littmann served as Chief Executive Officer of Hugo Boss AG. There he changed the strategy, created three new brands, outsourced parts of the production abroad. This increasing internationalisation of Hugo Boss is the foundation for the ongoing success of the company.
Today Littman is managing director of the international consultancy BRANDINSIDER GmbH.
Peter Littmann serves as member of the board in following corporations:
- Marc O’ Polo AG, Stefanskirchen, Germany
- Ruckstuhl AG, Langenthal, Switzerland
Littmann previously served as member of the board for:
- Bata Shoe Corporation, Toronto, Canada (1996 – 2005)
- Ciba Specialty Chemicals AG, Basel, Switzerland (1997 – 2009)
- Keiper-Recaro KG, Remscheid, Germany (1993 – 2002)
- Mercedes-Benz Automobil AG, Stuttgart, Germany (1993 – 1998),
- Rodenstock, München, Germany (2007 – 2010)
- Schleich AG, Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany (2007 – 2010)
- Charles Vögele AG, Pfäffikon, Switzerland (2006 – 2012)
Littmann is honorary professor for marketing at the University Witten/Herdecke, Germany, member of the board of Nyenrode Business University, Netherlands, and Member of the Harvard University Art Museums´ Visiting Committee, Cambridge, USA.
He was member of the publishers‘ board of „Absatzwirtschaft“, Germany’s leading marketing publication and advisor of the business daily „Financial Times Deutschland“. From 2004 till 2010 he published a weekly column on marketing and communication in the Germany’s leading business daily „Handelsblatt“.